Housing and Community Development
- Primary jurisdictions are building standards, common interest developments, eminent domain, farm worker housing, homeless programs, housing discrimination, housing finance (including redevelopment), housing, natural disaster assistance and preparedness, land use planning, mobile homes/manufactured housing, redevelopment: housing, and rent control.
- Primary jurisdictions are family law, product liability, tort liability, Civil Code, and Evidence Code (excluding criminal procedure).
Labor and Employment
- Primary jurisdictions are wages, hours, employment discrimination, Cal-OSHA, employment development, and public job programs.
- Committee Jurisdiction includes California High-Speed Rail Authority, California Highway Patrol, California Transportation Commission, Department of Motor Vehicles, Department of Transportation (Caltrans), driver’s licenses, freight, regional transportation agencies, transit authorities, intercity rail, mobile sources of air pollution, fuels, rules of the road, state highways, local streets and roads, vehicles, aircraft, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, and vessels.
Water, Parks, and Wildlife
- Primary jurisdictions are water resources, flood management, fish and game, parks and recreation, and wildlife.
Select Committee on Coastal Protection and Access to Natural Resources
Select Committee on the Status of Boys and Men of Color